Saturday, 18 March 2017

Loose Florals

I am having so much fun with my water colours. My natural style is quite tight and I am enjoying the challenge to paint in a looser style. I bought two of Jean Haines' books -  World of  Water Colour and Paint Yourself Calm. Both books have very good exercises for loosening up and going with the flow.
Here are a few of my experiments based on exercises in Jean's books, videos by Angela Fehr and my own original attempts..

This a combination of a Jean Haines' lavender exercise and a wonderful video tutorial by Angela Fehr on painting wild lupines.

Rose based on a Jean Haines exercise.

 Yellow rose based on the photo below.

As you can see, I am using this blog to record my adventure with water colour and share my pleasure and enjoyment of this wonderful medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slide Show